Fellowship Bible Church
Ministry Description – Associate Pastor (Children’s)
Our Church Vision
Fellowship Bible Church is passionate about equipping our church family to make a difference for Christ. Thus, our vision statement is as follows:
“Together, strengthening you to change your world for Christ.”
Accordingly, we are making efforts to ensure that our staff and ministry goals are aligned with this vision and making progress towards it.
The Children’s Pastor is responsible for all aspects of creating an environment of spiritual growth and development of children aged birth through 6th grade. This includes aiding in curriculum selection, volunteer recruitment and development, classroom and operational management.
Focus Areas of Responsibility
• Providing leadership to our Sunday School and aiding the Superintendent.
• Provide leadership for our Children’s Church ministry and aiding the Coordinator.
• Develop and maintain a 12-month ministry to students in 5th and 6th grades.
• Provide leadership for our Kid’s Camp (VBS) and aid the Coordinator.
Essential Children’s Ministry Functions
• Lead a team of volunteers in the operation of a children’s ministry, including weekend services and periodic special events.
• Regularly aid in the selection and/or develop curriculum for a children’s Christian education program that is part of the church’s weekend service schedule.
• Implement children’s registration, classroom management, and security policies/practices in support of weekend services and periodic special events.
• Direct the recruitment, training, and development of volunteers as needed to staff children’s ministry classrooms and special events.
• Cast vision for and aid in the development of the church’s annual Kids’ Camp outreach (VBS).
• Design and plan periodic child dedication services as required, meeting the needs and expectations of families attending the church.
• Develop a specialized outreach and discipleship ministry specifically focused on the needs of 5th and 6th graders.
• Lead the creative use and proactive upkeep of children’s ministry facilities and grounds.
• Assist in the development of an annual budget for children’s ministries and manage spending to budget.
• Function as a member of the church’s Pastoral Staff performing baptism services, weddings, funerals, etc. as part of a rotation schedule.
• Execute our assimilation strategy as it specifically relates to Children’s Ministries.
• A thorough understanding and administration of our Child Protection Policy.
• Development of our ministry to children with special needs.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience and Biblical Qualifications
This position requires:
• Qualified to serve as outlined in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:6-9
• Previous experience in a children’s ministry leadership capacity.
• Possession of a University degree in youth ministry/Bible is required. (Extensive ministry experience, in some cases, can be substituted.)
• The successful individual will be a strong leader with a solid work ethic, possess a passion for teaching children about God, and have the ability to administrate as a department head.
• A working knowledge of creative programming related to children’s classes and special events is a necessity.
• Active and growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ, evidenced by action, attitude and behavior.
• A passion for children’s ministry and to see families grow in their faith together.
• Experience in designing and developing children’s ministry programs.
• Effective communication skills (written, verbal and interpersonal).
• Demonstrated ability to understand and relate to children and their families and a passion to see families grow in their faith together.
• Competency with basic computer software (Excel, Word, Publisher, Power Point, etc.), and the capacity to learn new software (Photoshop, iMovie, others).
Additional information including salary and benefits will be communicated after we receive your application.
If you’re interested in being a part of an awesome team, download the application here, fill it in and return to the church office: